Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Taylor's Hunger Games Description

As goosebumps start to bloom out, I can feel my body shaking with terror. I ask myself ‘What should  I do?’ The blazing sun shone upon my bow an arrow. The cornucopia was calling my name to go and grab some items. The countdown starts...10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5…  I see the tributes looking at me as if they are going to kill me first… 4, 3, 2, 1… The loud voice sings out  “Let the hunger games begin!”

Tributes are running to the gear as they put people in their minds to make up who will they kill first.  The wind blowing towards me, telling me to run. My heart pumping fast. As I looked at the career tribute from district 2. I turned around and I run as fast as I can to the trees.

I can see my chance of survival. I see trees, bushes and I could catch a glimpse of a lake.  This makes my hopes of surviving go up.

I can hear a tribute’s leg go splat! A career tribute had cut it off with a sword that he had got at the cornucopia. As far as I was, I could catch a little glimpse of bold, red blood. I start running faster and faster until I find a tree that was just right.  I take my sleeping bag out and buckle myself in. As thirsty as I am I allow my eyes to close and I go to sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was a very powerful piece of writing Taylor!. But you need a little bit more powerful language just to make the reader hooked in.